Friday, May 18, 2012

And This Year's Upon A Star Winner is...

At the UPON A STAR celebration party held on May 18, 2012 at Hitched in Washington D.C., owners Carin Levine and Julia Kepniss, along with designer Jorge Manuel and last year's UPON A STAR 2011 winner, Jeanine Lalonde, announced the much awaited news 5 months coming. The UPON A STAR contest began in February with several entries from hopeful brides looking to win the one-of-a-kind gown designed exclusively for the contest. After months of deliberations, 6 judges, 6 finalists and over 3000 public votes, the contest finally has a winner!

"I am so proud about this contest. I truly wish that each year I can at least make one wish UPON A STAR come true. It is my way of giving back to an industry that has given me so much in return. I felt like a proud father standing there with all the finalists. I am so grateful for the wonderful staff at Hitched for sponsoring a great event and joining in on the genuine desire of making dreams come true. Watching Jeanine Lalonde, last year's UPON A STAR winner, announce this year's winner was truly a treat! Hearing Jeanine's story on how she won her dress last year moved me. I just feel so blessed tonight. I am surrounded by so many friends and wonderful people," recalls designer Jorge Manuel of the UPON A STAR CELEBRATION party.

The excitement in the room could be heard from the street when the winner, FARISA DASTVAR, was announced at tonight's event. The finalists got to meet each other and browse through the Jorge Manuel gowns for this weekend's trunk show at HITCHED.


FARISA DASTVAR 
Congratulations on your win! May your journey down the aisle with the UPON A STAR gown be a joyous one!


No comments:

Post a Comment