Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hours away from releasing the awaited IRIS COLLECTION 2012 from Jorge Manuel

"It will be the best bridal collection of the designer yet!"
 replied Kyle Leverett, Jorge Manuel's Operations Manager, to our insider about the latest bridal collection from designer JORGE MANUEL. Leverett would not reveal much, other than it is a 17 dress collection that will impress brides all over the world for the amazing craftsmanship, detail and intricate ornamentation, and for the use of COLOR to accessorize!

We are so excited for the designer to release his fifth collection to the bridal industry. His gowns are nothing like anything anybody has seen. Jorge Manuel is on a level on his own and his creativity has already gained international attention. This time he teams up with Canadian photographer, Greg Swales, and revamps his entire marketing look. "He made it a point to make this his most precious collection! Everything from the model's hair and make-up, down to the styling and accessories Jorge Manuel handled personally," responded Leverett.

Read the following interview we had with the bridal gown designer JORGE MANUEL:


Firstly, What did you think of the Duchess Kate's royal wedding dress?
I hope I don't get in trouble for saying this, but although I thought she looked sophisticated and elegant, it was a dress we have seen many times before. It was a bit plain and flat. I understand the protocols of a royal wedding, but I think the same gown with relief pieces of the lace would have made the dress a little more interesting. It just didn't do much for me, especially, since I was expecting something completely different from the label Alexander Mcqueen. It just caught me off-guard I think. On a positive note, she did look pretty
Now tell us about the name IRIS COLLECTION ?
I knew I wanted to bring in color to this collection. I had to be wise as to how I used it, because ultimately bridal is still very much traditional and conservative in nature. So, when I decided the heavy used of color accessorizing for the design and styling of my collection what better name to use than that of what give your eye its color....the IRIS. Hence, the reason why the collection was named the IRIS COLLECTION. 
Why is this collection your "best" collection yet?
Because it is a culmination of all my knowledge with brides and my creativity mixed in. It is a collection that gives a beautiful options those brides that just won't settle and are tired of getting the same style dresses the industry is highly saturated with. It is the one common denominator in all brides that I meet. They want to feel beautiful, but they also want something 'Unique and Different' that hasn't been seen before, Unfortunately, unique and different comes with a hefty price tag. I hope I'm able to reach all brides with all budgets with this collection and still satisfy their needs for that 'something different.'
Today's brides are more fashion conscience, why is that?
Brides are no longer just a 'traditional element' to the wedding where she once wore what was protocol and expected from her. Today's brides have voices, personalities and tastes that are no longer hindered behind the 'traditional dress.' These gowns help to reflect who they are as individuals and help radiate their true personalities.
What do you expect from the IRIS COLLECTION 2012?
I am hoping that brides, take a bold step forward, and for the first time use COLOR to accessorize and not only with their wedding shoes that stays hidden underneath their gowns. I am optimistic that brides will think outside the box with their wedding gowns designs and accessories. Brides can still be timeless and classy, and definitely, traditional and beautiful, but they don't have to go about it in a very 'boring and familiar way'. 

I hope my collection, The IRIS COLLECTION 2012, gives them a platform to be unique, unafraid of showing us their personalities with what they choose to wear and accessorize.
Do you continue to make all your gowns in the U.S.A? 
I am a huge believer that, "there is no place like home!" All work being done overseas will slowly but surely make it back here to the states. Every hanger and every bridal bag my gowns go out in, and any material used, with exception of few fabrics are all made in the U.S.A. All my gowns are made 100% in the U.S.A and I am so proud of that!
 Lastly, when can brides hit the stores to purchase your gowns?
The gowns will be in stores sometime between August and October 2011. Some areas may take a little longer.  We are all hoping every Jorge Manuel retailer will make the Iris Collection available latest by December 2012. In the meantime, the IRIS COLLECTION 2012 will be traveling with the designer through his trunk shows. Also, the Nebula Collection 2011, is nwo available wherever there is a Jorge Manuel retailer. 


Don't miss the IRIS COLLECTION 2012 tomorrow May 2, 2011 on the designers website www.jorgemanuelweddings.com or stay tune for weekly dress updates here in the blog after the unveiling date.

No comments:

Post a Comment